Before using the Website and the Application, you need to consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of information about you as described in this Policy.
Minimum Required Age.
The Website and the Application are not intended for use by users under 14 years of age. No one under age 14 may provide any personal information trough the Website and the Application. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under 14, we will delete it immediately.
Information we collect.
1. Personal information and Non-personally identifiable information defined.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual.
Non-personally identifiable information - information that cannot be used to identify you as an individual, such as personal interests, dietary requirements, special requests and others.
We collect both personal and non-personally identifiable information through the Website and the Application.
2. Account information . In order to create an account, you will be asked to provide personal information, such as your first and last name (optional), your e-mail address and a personal photograph. If you choose to use Facebook or Instagram to log into our Website or Application, we will have access to and may collect information that you have provided on your Facebook and Instagram accounts. Upon your account creation you will be prompted to create a screen name, which depending on the name, may or may not be used to identify you as an individual. Professionals will also provide place of work, including location.
3. Transactions. While you use/ navigate through our Website and Application, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including but not limited to: details of your visits to our Website and Application, including traffic data, location data, logs and other; your search queries; communication data; information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address and location, operating system and browser type.
4. Publicly available content. Some of the contributions you submit to our Website and Application, are intended for public use and are therefore viewable by the public, this may include your photos (if you have provided such), leaderboards, ratings, reviews, tips, lists, promotions, business listing information, etc. You may limit the public nature of some of these activities through your account settings, however you will not be able to completely remove them.
5. Contacts. Our Website and Application allow users (service providers) to invite others to join or become their followers on Startender by providing their contact information, or by allowing users to access their contacts details, photos, location, business establishment, etc. If you allow us to access your contacts, we may transmit that information to our servers long enough to process your invitations.
6. Activity. While you use the services provide by our Website and Application, we may store information about your use of our services, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call using our mobile applications, and reservations, purchases, or transactions you make through the Service. We may also store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of our services, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number and unique device identifier.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
How we collect your personal information .
Startender collects information upon your subscription to our services and also when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access and use our Website and Application and when we provide our services to you.
Why we collect and process your personal information .
We collect your personal information based on your explicit consent you have provided for the processing of you personal data and for the purpose of providing you with our services.
Additionally when you buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. We process this information on the basis the contract between us. We will continue to processing this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party. We may also process person information where such processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
How we use your information
(1) We will use your personal information:
- to respond to your queries;
- to provide you with our services and products;
- to administer your account with us;
- to evaluate and improve the quality of our services;
- to detect and prevent fraud and investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing;
(2) We will use the non-personally identifiable information:
- to customize our services for you and to personalize and improve your experience with our Application and Website.
- to analyze and understand how the visitors use the Website and the Application and estimate their usage patterns.
- to recognize the visitors when they return to our Website;
How long we keep your information .
We will retain your personal information for as long as you use our Website and Application. You have the right to request that your personal information is permanently removed from our system and database at any time. We will accommodate such requests within 5 (five) days.
We do not share personal information collected via this Website with other companies or individuals. We may disclose personal and non-personally identifiable information with third parties service providers, engaged by us to provide technical support, hosting services, testing, network security or statistical services, any such disclosure will be subject to confidentiality obligations.
We reserve the right to disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website and the Application and the services we provide; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you complain to us about content submitted through the Website or the Application, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
We take reasonable measures and precautions designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that your information will remain secure under all circumstances.
In addition we use google firebase to store out data and subsequently implement all security features provided by firebase such as encryption of data and security practices such restricting the access to personal date to employees who have a business purpose to use the personal data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. I you have a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and not sharing it with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website and Application like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of Startender.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Right to Access and Control Your Data
We provide you with many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts and communication controls. We will provide you with access to your personal information that we store and allow you to:
1) Delete your data - you can request that we erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you);
2) Change or correct your data - you have the option to edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate;
3) Object to, or limit or restrict, use of data - you can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held);
4) Right to access and/or take your data - you can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request any or all of the above.
California Resident's Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits the users of this Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Startender, Inc., 30 Mission Street, # 8H, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States
Linking to other websites and services
30 Mission Street, # 8H,
San Francisco, CA, 94105
Last Updated: July 9, 2019